Sunday, March 1, 2009

FACT

I have witnessed these things in cry rooms during church


Only a Mother: Only a mother would get out a wet wipe, clean snot off her sons face and then proceed to use the SAME wet wipe to slick down his rooster tail in his hair- poor kid, I bet his face smells like mom spit too when he has something sticky stuck to his cheek and it needs to come off


Only a Father: This happened a year ago in Robin's church in Washington state. I was in the cry room with Adeline while she was out in the main church for Marjorie's baptism mass. A 1 year old boy leaned against the wall while he proceeded to download the brown file, and then stumble fall on his bum, stumble fall, stumble fall, UNTIL I'm sure the poo was no longer contained to just the diaper. I had been holding my sleeve against my nose for the last 5 minutes, AND finally the Dad, says " Dude Malachi. Dude! No crap buddy, Dude is right take that kid out to be changed. But no he lets us all know that he has no diapers and just continues to say " Dude Malachi every couple of minutes, just as a courtesy to all of our burned out olfactory glands.

1 comment:

Robin said...

mark and i like to say "dude malachy" to marjorie sometimes.