Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Wojtanik Sisters Rock Nawleans!!

In January while visiting Robin for the birth of her baby, she let me know that New Kids were having a reunion tour after 20 years. While she's telling me this she is getting on their website and the hair is literally standing up on her neck as she is so excited she can't contain herself. We saw New Kids on tour while we were tweens in Detroit and then a year later in Washington D.C.. We were young and impressionable and didn't know what was good music, we just knew these were 5 hot guys( let me take that back) 4 hot guys and one who looks like a monkey, who sang pop songs that we loved. So I think after being caught up in all that at a young age, it doesn't leave your bloodstream, kinda like a parasite. It may go unnoticed for years, decades even, then something happens and you are 13 again, willing to fly across the country or drive 3 hours, leaving children and husbands in the dust, to scream like they just picked you to be their tour bus groupie, for hours straight until you are hoarse, then you limp back to the hotel because you wore your sexy shoes that gave you blisters to fall into a boyband induced sleep riddled with choruses of Hangin Tough and Please Don't Go Girl running thru your mind. Yes, it was awesome, yes it was ridiculously cheesy, yes most of the girls there were over 300 pounds, and Yes Jordan Knight is still as hot today as ever.




Only the elite few who had seats on the floor got the wristbands- damn right bitch


OK for those I haven't told this to yet, there was a small round stage that was kept hidden until mid-way through the concert. Robin knew of this stage earlier from a friend, so when the time came for them to pull the cover off it, Robin grabbed my arm out of the socket to pull me past all the girls in crimped hair dressed like some 80's video rejects, to come within 1 foot YES 1 FOOT of the band. For three entire songs that little stage rotated slowly at arms length, giving us complete access to pants, shoes and hands.


I informed Becky that I have this super natural power that enables me to snare guys into looking at me, but apparently it wasn't working this evening, because Jordan never once looked our direction! OK, maybe that super power only exists in my mind.




I can now check 1 item off my bucket list- touch a New Kid on the Block, because both Robin and I were able to get a hand shake from Donnie and Jon( Sorry jeanette, I know he was always your favorite)



They sang as much old stuff as their new stuff







One of the cheese filled parts of the concert had Jordan on a pedestal in front of a fan blowing his shirt open singing a song entitled Didn't I Blow Your mind this time what ever Jordan, I love ya, but come on, I found myself rolling my eyes through alot of this concert! Well to all those closet New Kids Fans go see the concert, you will love it, laugh at it, get giddy, think how royally ridiculous the whole thing is and at the end of the night thoroughly enjoy yourself. Thank you Robin for twisting my arm to have a sister weekend that included our childhood idols, the nasty smut on Bourbon street, the giant Baked Alaska at Antoinnes, the pina coladas, margaritas and red beers, the dead orphan ghost boys that take pictures of you while you sleep and the Mardi Gras Beads with the white AND black phallic symbols. Let's do it again in another 20 years.

1 comment:

Ginny Gill said...

already read this post a FEW times, what is happening? what is new???