Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Patch aka a church parking lot full of pumpkins

Florida summers are awesome, humid, but awesome. Florida falls have something lacking, although the weather is great for trick-or-treating, when it comes to finding a decent pumpkin patch, they are hard to come by. So here in the bible belt of the south, we have "pumpkin patches" in church parking lots and another strange occurrence here called "Trunk or Treat." I have since found out that trunk or treats were devised for children who don't have a safe neighborhood to trick or treat in, so instead you dress up, go to a church parking lot, and everyone fills there trunks with candy. When I informed Robin of this "custom", she didn't find it any safer going up to random for cars for candy. And as her husband so mildly put it " a house can't throw you in a trunk and drive you to Mexico." But I guess they are pretty popular b/c every baptist church around here has one going on the night of Halloween. But, I digress, I took the kids to the Methodist church's pumpkin patch and they had a fun time picking out the flattest pumpkin there. No I didn't misspell fattest, I meant flattest.





Had Everyone been looking this would've been the cutest group photo
Which one should I pick?

Every time I tried to take a picture of Adeline, she thought it meant jump
on a pumpkin and pose










Add Image

3 comments:

Robin said...

wow - those are all really good pictures of the kids. love their outfits - especially reece's shirt. and adeline is so darn cute in that solo pic.

Robin said...

btw, i saw a church in our area is offering a "treat or trunk". i'd pick treat.

Anonymous said...

i guess the trunk or treat thing is the latest craze--it's happening in texas too--everywhere!........cari