Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reece the big "5"


Here is the hurricane baby. The little boy born 5 days before the Big One hit. Reece was the first boy born in the Parrish family since Rick. And it looks like, unless Robin decides to have one more, he will be the only boy also. A little blondie at birth and very calm. Boy, what an ugly boppy he's laying on.



For his actual birthday on September 10 we did presents, Red Robin for hamburgers and then a chocolate Mickey Mouse cake





These gifts were the bane of his existence all day, taunting him. I wouldn't let him open them until everyone was home from school and work. He just sat ON the table staring and touching them.




His Triple Play party was a blast. Here is Adeline and her best friend Abigail, they are just a few months apart






Reece on the back side of the mega slide, he loves to jump into the air as he goes down to get better zoom capability




They have this cool compressed air ball shooting thing and I just stood by it shoving balls in the sucker box, so the balls would just cascade all over the kids like it was raining balls




Optimus Rick and Mega Emma



Reece blowing out his Transformers cake while Optimus Jake looks on. For all the sweet hugs I get in the morning and at bed, for all the times I need to listen to how Bumblebee is better than Optimus Prime, and watch you at gymnastics flip like you were born tumbling, when I fix your hair in the morning in that little boy swoop and have to smooth down the rooster tails, listening to you sing in Preschool when you don't know I'm watching, amazed when you launch yourself off the side of the pool with no inhibitions, and creep in while you sleep with a knit cat under one arm and Spiderman under the other, I'm so glad God chose me to be your mother. I didn't know what my life was missing until you came into it 5 years ago and now I couldn't imagine a day without your smile that melts me every time. Happy Birthday Little Guy, Reecers Monkey











3 comments:

The Campbells said...

How sweet and eloquent of you. Print your post for him to have when he is old and grey.

drew.wojtanik said...

I concur, what nice thoughts about a Mom and her son. Very touching. I love you both very much. You girls (along with your sister), your kids, and your husbands make me one proud and lucky Dad/Grandpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin said...

it is a very sweet post and reece looks so angelic - we know the truth. i would also thank you for avoiding the posting of any scary post-hurricane pictures of our greasy faces and hair when we couldn't shower.