Monday, September 21, 2009

September Birthdays

On Labor Day weekend, we went to a party out at Flounder's. It was a pirate theme and the kids got to dig up buried treasure. Everyone received an eye patch and sword.
Adeline waited for the kiddie mac n cheese to arrive




We went out on Sunday to help another friend celebrate his son turning 4. We made a fire on the beach and enjoyed a Cars cake. A scary moment happened when the guys kept throwing dry wood on the fire from the woods and after it started burning, something little and brown came racing out of the fire. It was a small scorpion, I didn't even know Florida HAD scorpions! The guys killed it in the sand.


The weather was really strange that day, thunderstorms all to the north and this big rolling cloud right over the water. But, we stayed dry and warm. Rick was rockin his mater hat.


For my birthday on Tuesday, we tried the new restaurant The Mellow Mushroom, which is like a California Pizza Kitchen. We got the Philosopher's Pie. I was sung to and got my obligatory gooey chocolate melty dessert. Adeline helped herself.









Had a girl come and clean for me the other day, and I didn't know she was only 22. But, she asked how old I was and I said " I just turned 35 yesterday." She was like " Wow, you look REALLY good for being 35." And I'm like, WTF girly, 35 isn't ancient, what did you expect wrinkles, crow's feet, grey hair, oh wait I do have those.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF? Now go wash your mouth out with soap and that is a direct order. Don't make me come down there. You look beautiful in the picture Jackie and I think you look great for 35!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Robin said...

Adeline looks so different in that pic with the bows! Like a much bigger girl! So cute. And I agree with anonymous (who must be Dad) that you look good in that solo shot!