Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Backyard Beauty



Waist high weeds, tangles of briars, crazy jasmine, virginia creeper....I had to take the giant pruning shears to this gate to the pool, just to get it open. Do you see the hidden wash basin in this photo, that luckily when I was running the electric clippers over, I didn't hit.




Ferns out the ying yang, dead crazy weeds, and let's all not forget about the snakes!!!




This was our backyard looking out my kitchen window in March. Unusable, scary and an eyesore.




Then came the trees, hello ladies.




Ta Da, thanks to Rick's amazing knack for feng sui, he always has an idea before he even starts.




I planted these, thank you very much.




A palm tree closer up, these are from the genus Washingtonian.




Everything is so lush and beautiful




My little garden, where the dead ferns were. Soooo if this isn't enticement enough to fly over here and visit us, I don't know what is. Maybe a ride on Old Moldy our pontoon boat.

6 comments:

The Munson Family said...

AWESOME Jackie!!

You guys did a fantastic job!

When can I come for a visit??

Robin said...

It really does look great. You have really done an amazing backyard makeover.

Ginny Gill said...

i do not need to be enticed to come your way for a visit, just need more money, more time or fewer miles......between us

Mark said...

Nice work. I didn't see any pictures of the giraffe pen though, did that get made over too?

Katie P said...

looks amazing. I still miss our palm tree, love yours back there.

Drew Wojtanik said...

Whoo what a transformation honey. Good job to all of you for your hard work. Does your backyard now convert into a Merry Go Round ride or something like that with the flip of a switch?