Thursday, November 13, 2008

Out of the mouths of Babes

Reece yesterday in the car:

Mom- Look Reece, a sign at that vet says cat grooming on Mondays should we take a cat to be groomed?


Reece- No, Mom because my cat is dead


And you know there's nothing worse than a dead cat that needs grooming
As a side note "his favorite" cat Mocha died in April and so sometimes his conversation does bring that fact up, but not this apparent as the groomer comment.




Emma in the car on the way to gymnastics last night -

Mom: Look, there are some Christmas lights over there already. Wow they put those up early.

Emma: Mom, don't you just love the joy of Christmas? The cold weather, the people putting up trees and lights, getting toys, singing songs, having your mom burn something in the oven and it sets the smoke alarms off, the house fills with smoke and you all go outside in the yard because the house is too full of smoke, so you drive us around to look at Christmas lights instead and when we come home the house is still too smoky so we all sit in the garage?


I kid you not this child has the memory of an elephant. I forgot I had set the oven to self clean last year and some grease caught on fire in the oven and the WHOLE house was smoking and it was unbearable. We did exactly as she described and I can't believe she actually told a joke.

2 comments:

Ginny Gill said...

At least she got to see the lights, right???? I mean come on. It just shows how good parents we are when we can turn smoke/fire into Christmas time adventure. Kuddos to you!

Princess Jen said...

I think I peed my pants jackie...you are too funny (or rather your kids are). Where do they come up with this stuff???