Saturday, August 30, 2008

I ain't afraid of no craigslist....

Whose afraid of craigslist and people who may come to buy something and actually kill me instead. Jackie that's who. Well, I just sold our entertainment center on craigslist without Rick here, to a perfect stranger and I survived. For the past 2 days I've been stressing knowing this elusive " Josh" person was coming on Saturday with a trailer to come and "look" at our entertainment center. Last night I slept about 4 hours, b/c I couldn't find a soul who would be around here during the day to sit here while this strange Alabamian, looked in my house. And he was possibly bringing a friend, so they could both murderize me. I had my bedroom window open last night so I could hear anyone outside, had all the lights on and left the tv on, just in case he decided to show up early to kill me. Well, at 1pm, the craigslister showed up and whadda know, he was a crystal sportin, Pink Floyd flipflop toting, ponytail wearing, Dead Head. Praise the Lord. He was shorter than me and a happy go lucky fellow just back in the states from Australia and needing new furniture. Hurray, he wasn't here to kill me and steal my minivan like Jenn LaVato. I guess I'll be sleeping well tonight. As my brother-in-law puts it nicely, " Jackie you should just stick to ebay and selling stuff thru the mail." This is my first blog that doesn't have a picture, what could I possibly take a picture of, the empty space where my entertainment center was? Or maybe the puffy bags under my eyes in my sleep deprived face. Either one woulda been a little crazy.

1 comment:

Robin said...

you ARE crazy. and ridiculous. and you failed to mention you hadn't disassembled it so he could leave with it. as mark also said "if i bought an entertainment center on craigslist, i wouldn't expect someone to tell me i had to wait 20 minutes for their kids to finish a movie before i could leave with it." i know that didn't happen - but close enough.