Monday, July 21, 2008

Carousel of Progress
















There is a " boring" ride at Disney World by this same name and it is only ridden by sticky melting parents, desperate for some relief from the heat for 30 minutes in a moving theater that is air conditioned. I feel bad in saying boring, since Walt himself imagineered this ride, but other than a place to nurse a baby, it isn't a showstopper. The ride goes through our history of "progress" with electronics and other handy devices that have changed the way we do things for the better. Well, I have nicknamed our house the Carousel of Progress, b/c it is always undergoing some change or renovation. It's real name , since I have to name everything, is Hawk Hill,( we had hawks circling one day for hours and one landed on our trash can and Rick called him Trash Hawk), but I digress. Back to the progress.


Here are my pride and joys that have been my blood, sweat and tears( real tears people when you see what Adeline did only minutes after I had completed Reece's room) for the last 2 weeks. Bask in them and say, Wow, will Jackie come paint mine if I pay her in Starbucks gift cards? And the answer is Maybe.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ha Ha. You have inspired me to look at Marjorie's room and see that it is lifeless. Reece's room looks really amazing. I used to have red curtains like that at our house on Queen Anne. I think I left them in the house when we moved. I love the dresser and the walls in Reece's room. The colors on the walls are really neat.

Drew Wojtanik said...

Wow - great job. What did you leave a wet brush around for Adeline to apply her artistic abilities? I'll bet Reece is loving it. You must be nearing completion on your whole house makeover.