Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mocha you'll be missed







Mocha you were our sweetest cat, the cat with the cross eyes and the crazy disposition. You were so loved and were such a big part of this family. Our countertops will never be the same and I will miss giving you half a bag of treats every morning to appease you. I am so glad I went to the shelter 11 years ago and happened upon one of the nicest cats around. Why is it so easy to open your heart to these furry friends and so hard to say goodbye. I wish I could harden my heart aganist loving these little guys so much, but in the end it breaks everytime just the same.
I think I will miss seeing how good she was with the kids, always head butting them on the counter, especially Reece who considered her "his" cat. She used to crawl into his bed and he would not be scared b/c she was there for him to stroke gently while he drifted off. When Emma was a toddler, Mocha would do the same thing. Emma is alright with the loss as she assured a sobbing mommy that grandma was happy to be petting her in heaven. March 1996- April 2008 Goodbye Mo Mo

2 comments:

Robin said...

Always remember Mocha was the lucky one. She didn't know such a kind and loving person was visiting the shelter that day, and how her life would be both saved and enriched because of it. Her sweet demeanor and unique personality earned her so much love...and will be missed by so many.

Princess Jen said...

Oh Jackie...I'm so sorry hun!!!! My mom is pretty sure that she's going to be putting my cat down this week as well (he's 14 and his sister went 2 years ago). *hugs* to you guys!!!!!!!!