Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Destination Destin





I have to say that it never gets old living next to one of the prettiest beaches around.
During our spring break, our good friends the Pecks were visiting Destin, so we headed down to see them for the afternoon. Even though it was cool and breezy, the kids managed to get in the ocean (briefly). And then submerged in the hot tub. Emma loves these times to see her best friend Grace. There's no going in the water this week though, as we saw that the purple flag is flying due to Portugese man of Wars in the area. I love the story of when our nieces Angela and Bethany were visiting 3 summers ago. Angela who was around 4 at the time heard us discussing the addition of the purple flag to the line up at the beach. Red indicates No swimming, Yellow cautionary and green, all clear. Well, the new purple flag is for dangerous marine life, such as sharks or jellyfish. As, we crested the hill on our way to the beach, I teasingly said " Oh look, it's purple flag." Then I said " just kidding." Well about an hour later, while sunning myself, all the others were down near the water, Angela slowly came up to my side and said " You know Aunt Jackie teasing is just like lying." " So you lied about it being a purple flag." Wow I was called out by a 4 year old with a good conscience. I don't know why I'll always remember that. It's like she waited till we were alone to chastise me. I love you Angela.

2 comments:

Princess Jen said...

no fair showing gorgeous beaches when all we have is rain!!! I'm moving in with you! Ms. Adeline is a DOLL and is getting so big! She's a girlie Reece!

Robin said...

Wow - that picture of Adeline is like a model picture with all the vibrant colors and her not looking at the camera. And Reece looks like a mini-Rick against the backdrop of blue. But Emma - holy cow. I thought it was a 12 year old. She looks so grown-up and tall and thin. I feel like I can really see what she's going to look like as a teenager and young adult. It's so pretty...yet I wonder where that little baby went who visited Boo at the Zoo in Cleveland.