Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Miss Emma turns 8

On June 8th Emma turned 8!!! WoW, I can't believe my oldest is finally approaching that 10 year mark. Then I will finally feel like I actually have a "big kid". Until then the fact that she still says "aminal" and "pliano", makes that little toddler inside of her surface, and no the teacher in me will not correct her mispronunciation. Here is her Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip purse cake. She LOVED it!



Apparently Aunt Emmy was the winner of the favorite cool gift this year. To be fair, I had told her Emma wanted this. Aunt Robin the snow cone maker was right up there too, since the first thing she wanted to do was start charging Reece for snow cones. Actually this toy, which I knew nothing about, is really super cool. So, FYI, any parent reading this with an upcoming birthday, that needs an idea. Emma and Reece played with this toy for about 3 hours yesterday. And the martian goo isn't sticky.




Emma picked out this crown using her tickets from the roller rink





She chose to have her party at Dreamland skating rink. These were the few kids we could corral for a group photo. She had this crazy idea a few months back to take everyone in her class on our boat out to the sand dune with the rope swing. She had it all planned out too. We would have the parents drop off their kids at the dock with life jackets and then 5 at a time, Daddy would take the boat to the sand dune, drop off those kids and come back for more. To a 7 yr. old this plan sounded great. So, instead we let her bring a friend to the sand dune on Monday, and had her birthday lunch at Surf Burger at the beach.







Emma being embarrassed by the roller DJ, making everyone sing happy birthday while she stood in the middle . ......... Grandpa, this is the outfit Emma picked out with your birthday money







The girls waiting for cake





I made an octopus cake out of a ball cake pan for the head and cupcakes for the arms, then used mini marshmallows for the suction cups. This was the best picture my better half took of the cake. It was kind of funny though, as I walked into the building the owner told me to take the cake to room 1. As I was walking down the ramp, a janitor said " hmmmm, an octopus cake huh?" "Did you see Room 3 has an octopus theme?" " Oh", I said "could we have room three instead?" " Nope" he replied. Well, what in the ham sandwich did he tell me about that octopus room for?!? Jeez
Happy Birthday Emma Leigh, my little girl, my first born. As long as I can still pick you up, comfort you when you are sad and listen to you play barbies, you will always be my half pint.

2 comments:

drew wojtanik said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. I like the cake you made. What a great idea. I also am glad that Emma picked out that outfit, it wouldn't have been my first choice. Oh well, I guess I have to "give peace a chance."

Robin said...

looks like it was a really fun party. and emma's outfit is really stylin'. you always make their parties so special - such a great mom.