Saturday, December 5, 2009

December Chorus Program 2009

Emma joined chorus in September and scared me the first time she went. Since we switched schools and are still getting used to the carlinein the afternoons, it came as a huge shock one afternoon at 2:00 when they called Emma's name and Emma never showed up. They called the front office and they didn't have her, neither did her teacher. It took about 7 minutes of panic to figure out with the help of walkie talkies that Emma had taken it upon herself to join chorus and just trotted herself over there after school that Tuesday. Thanks for taking 5 years off my life Emma Roo.
They were required to wear white shirts and black skirts or pants. Her favorite songs were Lights of Hannukah and I don't wanna grow up. They sang about 10 songs, like Frosty the Snowman and O Holy Night( which surprised me at a public school), but we are in the bible belt.





Here is her favorite song Lights of Hannukah, she even figured out the notes today on the piano to the chorus of this song. Next semester she has the chance to enroll in drama club. I think I'm really loving this school!

No comments: