Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sure April is beach weather!

The last weekend of spring break we took the kids and a friend(Hannah) to Ft. Pickens beach and met the McDavids out there for some fun football, metal detecting, and giant hole digging. Rick finds it necessary every time we go to the beach to dig a ginormous hole that engulfs the kids. This time was no exception. The hole was so deep, we couldn't let Adeline or Abigail near the thing. There was actually water pooling in the bottom and I think I could hear the sound of Moo Goo Gai Pan being made in woks somewhere on the other side of the world.
Adeline has to be around Rick 24/7, so when she brought him this football, he couldn't resist a trainer game of catch. Here she was actually catching the ball.



Throwing back to Daddy- as you can see from her sweatshirt- Yo Gabba Gabba is a staple item here in the Parrish household. We have to listen to that show at least once a day and then hear the guitar music and microphone music.





As a side note, once a week I've been trying to give my kids( the girls especially) a bath in baking soda. I guess the bubble bath can create extra sensitivity, so a friend suggested to me to try baking soda once a week. So, tonight was our baking soda night and while I put the towels in the dryer to make them nice and toasty for post bath exiting, I could hear Reece hollering at Emma. When I came to check, he said " Mom, Emma poured the whole box of trail mix on my head." As you can deduce the trail mix was really baking soda. But we all got a good laugh.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Rick digging those huge holes at the beach! That is so funny that he has to do it everytime! I miss yall and the beach!..............Cari

Ginny Gill said...

we have trail mix baths quite often as well And by the way, Chad digs the holes as well, maybe he is trying to dig to his friend Rick

Robin said...

love those of adeline with the football. maybe she'll be in a powder puff league one day. no picture of reece with the soda on his head?

Mark said...

I always thought of Adeline as a Foofa rather than a Toodee, now Emma...she could be a Toodee. Reecers is definitely a Brobee.