Friday, September 5, 2008

Show me the money!


While I made dinner the other night, Emma and Reece were unusually quiet in the other room. I thought a ferocious game of Super friends or Littlest Pet Shop was going on. About 30 minutes later Emma called Rick and I in there. For the past half hour Emma had been cleaning the entire playroom. She is prone to doing this sometimes, I guess out of guilt, when she sees how much other work, I do around the house. But, I don't think guilt was the driving force that night. After proclaiming how beautiful the playroom was, she asked " what are you going to give me?" And Rick said A GREAT BIG HUG! And Emma shouted " I didn't do all this for a hug, I want Money!" And there you go, she has figured out at 7 what makes the world go round.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Brooke did the exact same thing the other day--she's only 4 years old!!! Cleaned her room without being asked to, then asked for money. I guess it starts young!.............Cari

Robin said...

Like mother, like daughter. How quickly you forget! Don't you remember when you would unload the dishwasher and ask mom for $20? Or you would clean your own room and ask for money? I used to get so mad at you for that. Mom would say it was none of my business.

The playroom looks awesome. I just love those built-ins and wish we had some.

Princess Jen said...

ok, Andreas and I bursted out laughing regarding Emma's thriftiness! Kaleb is the SAME way lately! We're going to go broke!