Sunday, May 18, 2008

FINALLY a weekend home with Daddy








Since starting Southwest Rick has only been home MAYBE one day a weekend, IF we are lucky. Usually his trips start on a Thursday and end Monday or Tuesday. So, since he was here, we decided to do something totally fun. We rented a pontoon boat from the MWR facility over at mainside Pensacola. It was one of their brand new ones, lucky duckies. We just took it out to the sugar bowl which overlooks the Pensacola base and where the Blue Angels take off. The jellies were out in full force and prevented us from swimming. I'll use that as the excuse as to why I didn't get in the water. Really it's b/c mommy, can't swim until the water is warm enough to spawn hurricanes. Emma found her bodyweight in hermit crabs, Reece almost finished off a footlong chicken sub and Adeline commandeered the boat the first chance she got. I was the idiot that didn't put on sunscreen, and now my nose is paying the price. Overall a fantastic day and we ended it by having the Harris family and Baldwin's over for grilled chicken shrimp. YUM


1 comment:

Robin said...

I like the sunglasses theme for everyone. And I'm hoping you really did get out on the water since you see sand in the pictures and it looks like you ran aground. But I guess now that Rick's a Navy guy he probably figured out how to get to the water.