Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nothings Changed

A month has gone by since I posted last and yet for life here in Pensacola things remain pretty consistent. Adeline forces me to take her double jogging stroller with us to Walmart so she can push her babies she had as an underage mother out of wedlock. Notice her cat shades from Sonic
Rick tackles the giraffe pen only to come back with war paint in the form of Poke berry juice



I had thyroid surgery in mid- October and came through with flying colors and a nice scar to create wild stories about such as a knife fight with a fellow soccer mom over whose son is the cutest

Emma is the eternal drama queen and strutted her stuff in the 4th grade production of Beautiful Pensacola in their version of Wipe Out





And Reece continues to make friends and have fun in Kindergarten. Here is his teacher who weighs all of 90 lbs. dressed in the firemen's outfit while on our recent field trip there.



We walked the mile from the school to the station and then the mile back, through the hood, over 2 major 4 lane roads and past abandoned stores to see where firemen sleep, eat and pee. I feel like that trip will sustain me the two years until Adeline makes the same jaunt there.


















3 comments:

Robin said...

why is reece so serious? was he scared of his teacher in the uniform? love that first one of addy...you'll have the explain the cat sunglasses.

Great Aunt "D" said...

It looks like you may have a 2nd Drama Queen in the making!! Where is your Scar ?

Anonymous said...

Jackie: Great, newsy post. Love all the pics. I so loved my visit: seeing Reece play soccer, going to Emma's school play, carving the pumpkin with all three.....folding the laundry, cooking chicken and pastry, all the things that made me feel so much a part of the family. Rick, I thoroughly enjoyed my late-night glass of wine with you and our conversations. Let's do it again. Scar? What scar? You look great. Mimi