Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Coffee runs through my veins

You can't go to Seattle, the birthplace of Starbucks, and not try to visit at least 1 on each block, gas station, grocery store, bank, airport, one right across from another on 2 adjacent corners. This sign is the actual real life 1st Starbucks EVER. OK everyone take a deep breath and say Thank God you exist, baby.

And so, this trip to visit my sister, turned into my coffee vision quest. Here on Mercer Island


I had to add this b/c this is a classic Emma pose, where she believes she is super adorable and looks like a baby bunny or mouse or something hamsterish and cute



Oh look, what is that, a chipmunk? A bush baby? The cutest animal alive?







Downtown on 5th ave




Somewhere near Pioneer Square or Westlake Center



Inside what I thought was the 1st Starbucks, so I copped a pose with a coffee stirrer in my mouth , surrounded by people who were probably wondering what was wrong with me or thinking, out of towner! Then ask the barista if this indeed was the 1st starbucks and he said NO, that one's down the street. Embarrassing















2 comments:

Robin said...

you're a goofball. i wonder if they just thought you were coming to use the bathroom like other homeless people.

Mark said...

I love that you stopped on Mercer Island. You had just been in the car for 3 plus hours, and were a mere 10 minutes away from your hotel, and yet you decided that you needed coffee that badly to pull off in the middle of Lake Washington.