Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our time near the nuclear power plant

Ok, so maybe that title is a little deceiving, BUT Hanford the nuclear power plant where they enriched the uranium for the Enola Gay, is only 50 or so miles away. Robin lives in the eastern part of Washington State and we spent the first part of our 2 week trip to the great northwest in Richland. So, here is how we spent most of our free time. Reece became a true couch potato, not even bothering to change out of his underoos, even by lunchtime, so he could battle Lego Star Wars on the Wii.


Robin treated me to an afternoon of wine tasting at Terra Blanca, and 2 other wineries. This one had a beautiful location. Apparently I'm a bit of a white trash wine connoisseur, as my tastes gravitate towards the sweet, fruity wines on the far side of the taste lists and one wine owner actually said to me, " So, you flew all the way out here from Florida to just drink the sweet wine?!" I didn't realize it was a slight until Robin informed me I better start trying something that wasn't 20% sugar. Fine, I'll steer clear of the Ice Wine for one trip, but you can't stop me from smuggling home a bottle of Late Harvest Reisling in my luggage.



Visiting the Playground of Dreams in downtown Kennewick. Reece wasn't so sure of how high Dad was pushing this thing



It rained all afternoon right up until we pulled into the parking lot.
The matching cousins. Adeline is trying to be nice and give hugs, but they were having a love-hate relationship this afternoon all revolving around a princess telephone and WHO got to play with it.



Our super cool Aunt Robin took us to her news studio and let the kids try their hand at forecasting the weather and reading the teleprompter. Adeline felt the need to eat pretzels while on tv.





I think I'd tune in to this news station, with these anchors I just know the news will be interesting. It might be all about Indiana Jones, fruit snacks and potty humor, but hey who doesn't like toot jokes and fanny's that blast off?










1 comment:

Ginny Gill said...

i LOVE late harvest reislings!!!!!