Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just because I lost my tooth doesn't mean I'm growing up


Reece was complaining of tooth pain for about 2 weeks and since his gum was also red, I decided to take him to the dentist. Who he absolutely loves by the way. He would go home with that man, if Dr. Bonin asked him to. So, Stu Bonin, peeks in his mouth, says " oh looky here mom, this little boy has 2 loose tooth, give me some of my ticky tack." Then he puts some pink stuff on Reece's tooth, waits 1 minute and makes Reece pull out his own tooth. The completely violated look on Reece's face was replaced by joy when they gave him a tooth shaped container and let him pick out a sticker. Plus he knew the tooth fairy would be coming now.........
Ok, Mom was soooo NOT ready for her "little guy" to lose a tooth. It means he's growing up and when the child who is supposed to stay itty bitty, sweet, with all hugs and smiles, starts growing up, a mother starts getting nostalgic. Can I turn back time, if only for a short time?

Soooo, just when I think my little boy is growing up right before my eyes, we stop in a consignment store and he picks out Indiana Jone's official hat, a new light sabre, and some crazy brown boots to wear to school for Western Day. Then proceeds to look the part of the crazy person no one wants to get near at the bus station, while at CiCi's Pizza for dinner. At least he got some chuckles and smiles out of some elderly people near us and the entire work force behind the pizza counter. Notice the 2nd light saber attached to his pocket?







I guess 5 years old, still just means 5 years old, even if you start losing teeth. Somehow or other I think the missing tooth makes his smile even more heartwarming.



2 comments:

Robin said...

i agree. it's a great smile. such a sweet little guy!

Wilton Winrow said...

That's totally cool of him, there aren't a lot of kids who love going to the dentist. And I agree with you, it's heartwarming to see your own kid smile like that.