Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Big Three

Our baby turned 3 shortly after Christmas and just like that I have a little girl, not a toddler Yes I made the cake and before you get too gushy and overwhelmed, you are looking at it from a distance, up close you might say" hmmmm I think my dog coulda pulled off a cake slightly better than this."

Adeline was proud of her cake and wanted to pull the tablecloth off the table with the cake, hours before guests were to arrive



Double A - Adeline and Abigail


Her exact words " Abby has that at home!"


Aunt Robin sent a real kitty in a box. When we bought this together a month earlier, on the ride home from Tarjay, it sounded like the cat was trying to use the packaging as a litterbox


American Girl Bitty Baby Twins

It's my party and I'll be sullen if I want to, turning three sucks


Birthday Breakfast at Village Inn with Mimi and pancakes. Adeline Noel you may be the littlest one we've ever had, but you have more personality in your pinky finger than all of us combined. You can go from shy and clinging to mommy, to talking to random strangers in Walmart in under 5 seconds. Your classic Adeline grouchy face can be replaced by pure silliness and make me laugh just to look at you. You are going to be our jokster I can tell already. I have to hide my smile, when I see you snatch one of Reece's cars, run away while he chases you, then fling the toy under the couch out of his reach and run to the safety of mom's arms. Typical Addie. No one can tell you what to wear, you dress yourself, pick out your drinks at Starbucks along with Mommy, love shoes and purses, sit and wait nicely while your hair is done, and accessorize with sunglasses and pretend phones like young Hollywood. The one who is closest to Daddy's heart and squeezes the tightest, wants her hair pushed softly behind her ears at night, helps me look for fleas on the cats, is the first to start cleaning up when mommy asks for help and the one I am going to cry the hardest for when we watch you start college, because, then I will know the last baby bird has left our home. Happy third birthday Addie Boobal Bear








3 comments:

Robin said...

such a nice post. the cake is amazing, far away or not. it's amazing. adeline (and the rest) will cherish reading this when she's older.

Ginny Gill said...

snif sniff, I am tearing up over here......

Anonymous said...

Jackie: What a beautiful job you did with the cake! Outstanding. I agree with Auntie Robin: Addie will LOVE reading about this in a few years. See you soon. Mimi