Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Weekend

I teasingly started saying on Saturday morning, "It's Mother's Day Weekend" and Rick kept giving me the eye roll and the why don't they just start calling it Mother's Year then, rebuttal. But in truth this weekend really was fantastic and looking back I can't believe how much we packed in.
Disney On Ice came again, so we took the kids to see it since Cars was going to be here this time.
Emma thoroughly enjoyed her $10 bag of cotton candy, at least a hat came with it.

Emma was thrilled to get this flower petal hat with her million dollar cotton candy


I don't see how the drivers of these cars didn't run into one another. At one time they had 7 cars out there on 1/2 a rink of ice



Sunday afternoon we blew up our tube and took the kids as fast as the pontoon would go. Emma wore her fashionable goggles to stop the spray of water shooting up their noses and over their faces. You never could really tell if Reece enjoyed it or not, while riding he was tightlipped and serious( almost seasick looking), but then we would stop and he would yell, keep going, go faster.










In Quiet Water Cove they now have this mega slide to entice kids with, so that poor unsuspecting parents walk over and then the kids dash away before they can be stopped , climb the inflatable ladder and are shooting down the slide, before their parents even have time to ask the price. I thought Reece would be too intimidated, but boy was I wrong. He and Emma had a blast. They may have had slide wedgies, but had fun creating those wedgies.
I'm so thankful to be the mother of these three wonderful kids. They are my sunshines and sanity. I would probably be a bundle of nervous energy with no outlet, if not for my children. I love to listen to their conversations when they think I'm not listening, watch them sleep and sing to them while they sit in a tub filled with bubbles. I think it will be a very sad day when I have no one to make breakfast for while watching cartoons, except Rick. Maybe he'll request fluffernutter sandwiches while he spaces out watching ScoobyDoo. I used to not think Mother's Day was that big of a deal, but now I know better.

Mother's Tea at Reece's preschool, we had cookies and lemonade. He made me a picture frame, a flower vase and a crepe paper flower














1 comment:

Robin said...

what a slide - holy cow! i love how emma is trying to look so big and stylish in her hat. hard to believe she will be 8 when her 1 year chubby-cheeked photo is still on my nightstand.