Sunday, January 25, 2009

I don't ever want to go on that ride again!


The Parrish's took their annual Disney trip this time during the off season and the coldest month
Rick's roommate from VMI was planning a trip and we said, why not kill 2 birds with one stone
see them( which we hadn't in 3 years) and go to the Happiest Place on Earth! We got there
late afternoon on Wednesday and started right away at Hollywood Studios with the Indiana
Jones Show, since Reece really likes Indiana Jones now. But after completely freaking Adeline
out and scaring Reece to the point that he was trying to walk out of the bleacher area without us
I think maybe this show would be best left until they are older.

Here are the things we were sitting 5 feet in front of through the
Indiana Jones Show





Our hotel was the Caribbean Beach and we have stayed there before and
really loved the pool and the great island in the middle of the man made lake
We were in Jamaica this time around.



Our last day with the Gill Family Chad Ginny and their 4 amazing kids
Barrett, Logan, Cooper and Parker. I guess over the 3 days together
Rick won over their oldest Barrett and now has a permanent sidekick
if he ever wants a travel companion to say Mr. Rick Mr. Rick Mr. Rick
every 5 minutes :)

This was the coldest we have ever seen it down in Disney.
A few mornings it was in the mid 30's when we got into the parks and
on this Epcot day I don't think it hit 60 all day.



The girls outside of the Mexico pavilion. Chad requested an early
lunch this day, since they had early reservations at the Coral Reef for
dinner. So we all thought the World Showcase would be great. Instead,
we found nothing that all of us figured the kids would go for and ended
up walking THE ENTIRE WORLD, as Chad put it, only to end up right
where we started and eat in The Land, only lots hungrier and with sore feet



This diet coke picture needs a little explaining. This was at the
Whispering Canyon Barbecue place in the Wilderness Lodge. Chad was
parched and after bringing his original regular sized mason jar with diet
coke, they replaced it with this GINORMOUS one. Well, right before we
went to pay the bill, I was asked if I wanted anymore diet coke and I said
maybe just a little. The picture tells the rest




I think what made this the most fun we have had at Disney
in awhile, had to be the great company!! Gills, lets hit Dollywood next
time or maybe we can do EuroDisney. Either way I won't lose my
$90 diaper bag this time around and who knows maybe they even have
armadillo's there too. And no Dad, Disney never loses it sparkle,
I get just as excited now driving under the huge sign that says
Disney World as I did that very first time. Mickey never gets old
and Minnie never gets saggy. The monorails are just as fun and
there's always a new ride they open to terrify my three chicken littles
with. The food is just as overpriced and the race cars in Tomorrowland
never go any faster. It's A Small World still gets in your head for the
entire day and there are still hand towels made into animals at the
hotel. I love washing with mickey shaped soap and eating mickey shaped
waffles. So, I don't think unless Rick absolutely refuses to take us there
again, the magic will always be at Disney. Just be glad I didn't get
married there.











2 comments:

Robin said...

I like the final wrap. Well put.

Ginny Gill said...

You guys were the highlight of our trip as well......nice job summing up the fun stuff......In fact, this morning, Logan was telling someone about the trip and she said, "well, we met my dad's friend Mr. Rick and my best friend Emma......" too cute. I am all up for the next time around minus the vomit and the lost bag.....BY the way, MR. RICK MR. RICK MR. RICK MR. RICK MR. RICK.....my boys sure miss you!